News, Updates & Reminders
CENTRE FIRE BENCH REST has been moved to the second Sunday of each month until March. For more info go to Bench Rest web page.
MEMBERSHIP & CASUAL SHOOTING POLICY
- NSRG IS NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR NEW MEMBERSHIP until further notice. The waiting list is also closed until further notice. See the membership page for more information. (Posted Jan 1, 2015)
- NSRG DOES NOT HAVE DAY PASSES FOR DROP IN SHOOTERS. Only club members and their guests are allowed to use the facility freely. Some organized programs are open to the public. Go to Programs for more information.
REMINDER OF THE MONTH
MISFIRED AMMUNITION AND OTHER LIVE AMMUNITION MUST be safely disposed of in the tube located at the bottom of the stairs going up to the range. Recently a number of live ammunition has been found in the waste brass bin. THIS IS DANGEROUS to metal re-cyclers.
OTHER IMPORTANT REMINDERS & INFORMATION
- NEW SHOOTING PROGRAM - CENTRE FIRE BENCH REST Go to Bench Rest for more information. If you would like to participate or want additional information send an email to Adam Erickson at email@example.com.
- Please don't forget to turn down the heat in the washrooms and clubhouse if these have been turned up during use.
- AGGRESSIVE DOG WARNING - If confronted by aggressive stray dogs while at the range, seek shelter in a washroom or the clubhouse and call 911 immediately and explain the situation to the RCMP. You should also call DON BROWN, CRD, 250 588 5069 (day) or 250 474 5712 (after hours) and they will have someone look into the matter. (modified Jan 7, 2017)
- WEEKLY MAINTENANCE is on Wednesday mornings from 9 am to 12 pm. Volunteers are needed. Contact Josh at 250-507-8018 for more information.
- CHANGES TO MEMBERS CONTACT INFORMATION: Members are reminded to notify the secretary, John, of changes especially to email. Email is used to distribute the monthly newsletters and other notices to the membership.
- APPLICANTS ON THE WAIT LIST must inform the Membership Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org of any changes to their contact information including telephone number, email address, and home address. Otherwise we will be unable to contact you when a membership becomes available.
- IMPORTANT NOTE TO TRAP SHOOTERS - The clays must be thrown from the club trap, shot from the correct positions on the shooting pads and only during an organized shoot. Individual or informal shot gun shooting is not permitted, nor is the use of any other trap. When shooting trap the largest shot size allowed is 7½ shot.
- DO NOT ACCESS THE TUNNEL WHEN SHOOTING UNLESS THERE IS A CEASE FIRE. THIS IS FOR YOUR SAFETY!
- REMEMBER TO CLOSE AND LOCK THE GATE AND CLUBHOUSE and insure that all the lights are turned off if you are the last member to leave the range.
- Members should check the MEMBER'S AREA for more club news and updates.
- Please remember that there is a 20 KPH SPEED LIMIT on the range road to keep dust down, prevent accidents with vehicles and wildlife, and reduce road erosion.
- AIR GUN SHOOTERS: Only wad cutter style lead pellets or BBs with a maximum weight of 15 grains are allowed in the interior air gun range. Muzzle velocity is also restricted to a maximum of 550 ft/sec (165 m/sec). Other projectiles and air guns exceeding this muzzle velocity are to be used on the outside bays.