News, Updates & Reminders
RECENT NEWS/UPDATES (Feb 19, 2018)
Please turn down the heat in the washrooms and clubhouse if these have been turned up during use.
- AGGRESSIVE DOG WARNING - If confronted by aggressive stray dogs while at the range, seek shelter in a washroom or the clubhouse and call 911 immediately and explain the situation to the RCMP. You should also call DON BROWN, CRD, 250 588 5069 (day) or 250 474 5712 (after hours) and they will have someone look into the matter. (modified Jan 7, 2017)
- Applications for new membership are still closed until further notice. See the membership page for more information. (Posted Jan 1, 2015)
- The Range Procedures and Safety Rules (Appendix D of the NSRGC Policy and Procedures Manual) has been revised. The link to the new document is on the Members Library page. (Posted Sept 18, 2014)
- Weekly maintenance is on Wednesday mornings from 9 am to 12 pm. Volunteers are needed. Contact Josh at 250-507-8018 for more information.
- Members are reminded to notify the secretary, John, of any changes to contact information especially email. Email is used to distribute the monthly newsletters and other notices to the membership.
- Applicants on the wait list must inform the Membership Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org of any changes to their contact information including telephone number, email address, and home address. Otherwise we will be unable to contact you when a membership becomes available.
- IMPORTANT note to Trap Shooters - The clays must be thrown from the club trap, shot from the correct positions on the shooting pads and only during an organized shoot. Individual or informal shot gun shooting is not permitted, nor is the use of any other trap. When shooting trap the largest shot size allowed is 7½ shot.
- DO NOT access the target tunnel while shooting is in progress!
- PLEASE REMEMBER to close and lock the gate and the club house and insure that all the lights are turned off if you are the last member to leave the range.
- If you are a club member be sure to log in and check the members area for more news and updates.
- Please note - NSRG does not have day passes for drop-in shooters. Only club members and their guests are allowed to use the facility.
- Please remember that there is a 20 KPH speed limit on the range road to keep dust down, prevent accidents with vehicles and wildlife, and reduce road erosion.
- Air gun shooters: Only wad cutter style lead pellets or BBs with a maximum weight of 15 grains are allowed in the interior air gun range. Muzzle velocity is also restricted to a maximum of 550 ft/sec (165 m/sec). Other projectiles and air guns exceeding this muzzle velocity are to be used on the outside bays.